Leela's Vegan and Vegetarian Recipes & Cooking Hints

This is Leela's Vegan and Vegetarian Recipes and Cooking Hints. My cooking style is improvisational. I don't measure much, but go on instinct. I take inspiration and improvise to make up recipes. I'll add various menus, recipes and cooking hints. As I refine items, I'll modify recipes. I'll also point out other delicious recipes I've tried.

Friday, March 05, 2010

Individual Serving Microwave Brownies

Ok, I was feeling like some brownies, so I tried these two recipes from chow and I'm publishing the one I like better.

We tried these two recipes:

  1. Microwave Brownie in a Mug (single serving) Recipe
  2. Microwave Chocolate Mug Brownie Recipe
I liked the Microwave Brownie in a Mug (single serving) Recipe one.  I added some instant coffee and probably a bit more salt.

The other one (Microwave Chocolate Mug Brownie Recipe) it was hard to tell because I over cooked it.  It was still bubbling after 60 and 75 seconds so I cooked it for 45 more seconds and it was a bad idea.  Though its bubbling I think I should have stopped.  Perhaps we'll do another taste off again.

Ingredients:

  • 2 Tbs vegetable oil 
  • 2 Tbs water
  • Few drops vanilla extract
  • A dash salt
  • A pinch instant coffee powder (optional)
  • 2 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3 Tbs granulated sugar
  • 2 Tbs all purpose flour
Steps:

  1. In a 12 ounce cup, add oil, water and vanilla extract.  Whisk well with a fork
  2. Add salt, instant coffee powder and cocoa powder.  Whisk well with a fork
  3. Add sugar.  Whisk well with fork
  4. Add flour.  Whisk well with fork
  5. Microwave for 75 seconds (will be cooked through, some say cook for 60 seconds to create a gooey brownie)
  6. Will be HOT, be careful removing from microwave and let it cool a bit
  7. Serve warm with some type of topping - ice cream, whipped cream, etc. 


Copyright 2005-2010 LeelaVegCooking. All Rights Reserved.

All the contents and photographs, unless otherwise declared, are the property of Leela Obilichetti. All materials contained on LeelaVegCooking website are protected by United States and International Copyright Laws, and should not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission. Reproduction, modification, display and distribution of LeelaVegCooking's content is illegal and strictly prohibited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home