Leela's Vegan and Vegetarian Recipes & Cooking Hints

This is Leela's Vegan and Vegetarian Recipes and Cooking Hints. My cooking style is improvisational. I don't measure much, but go on instinct. I take inspiration and improvise to make up recipes. I'll add various menus, recipes and cooking hints. As I refine items, I'll modify recipes. I'll also point out other delicious recipes I've tried.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Allergy free Frosting for Vegan Cake



Ingredients:
  • 1.75 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup Earth Balance Shortening
  • 1/4 cup Fleishmann's UNSALTED Margerine
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 Tbsp Hemp Milk (Living Harvest ORIGINAL)
Steps:
  1. Put it all in one bowl, stirred it up with a fork until mixed well.
  2. It was enough for one 9 inch layer cake.

I've never made frosting before but decided to make frosting for my daughter (3) because she really wanted some after seeing it on other kids birthday cakes. We've been to LOTS of birthday parties lately.

I decided to use 1/2 EB Shortening and 1/2 Margarine because at least the Shortening doesn't have any transfats. I don't have a choice on the Margarine because of her allergies. I might try shortening only sometime but I need to research it more.

Her allergens: Dairy, Soy (Except soy lecithin and soybean oil), Eggs, Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame


Copyright 2005-2009 LeelaVegCooking. All Rights Reserved.

All the contents and photographs, unless otherwise declared, are the property of Leela Obilichetti. All materials contained on LeelaVegCooking website are protected by United States and International Copyright Laws, and should not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission. Reproduction, modification, display and distribution of LeelaVegCooking's content is illegal and strictly prohibited.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home