Sunflower seed crescent cookies
Sunflower Seed Crescent cookies (based upon Recipe from Michelle)
(4 dozen cookies)
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (alternatively can use Whole Wheat flour)
- 1/2 lb. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened (to make allergy friendly Fleishmann's Unsalted margarine instead of butter)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (to make allergy friendly substitute sunflower seeds)
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- Whole Wheat flour (instead of all purpose)
- Fleishmann's Unsalted margarine instead of butter
- crushed sunflower seeds instead of pecans
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the dusting sugar. Mix well with your hands. Wrap the dough and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form the dough into 1" balls, then roll each ball into a 2" roll. Ends should be narrow and the center slightly flattened to create a crescent shape when curved. Set 1-2" apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 mins., until set but not browned. Allow cookies to cool slightly on a rack, then, using a fine sieve, apply a thick dusting of confectioners' sugar
Ingredients: Steps: Copyright 2005-2015 LeelaVegCooking. All Rights Reserved. All the contents and photographs, unless otherwise declared, are the property of Leela Obilichetti. All materials contained on LeelaVegCooking website are protected by United States and International Copyright Laws, and should not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission. Reproduction, modification, display and distribution of LeelaVegCooking's content is illegal and strictly prohibited.